Friday, December 6, 2013

While you were out...

Jill has to stay home when I go to work. I don't like kenneling her because she really is a good dog 99% of the time! They say you shouldn't leave your dog in the kennel for more than 6 hours..... Well that's impossible I work a 8 hour day! Anyways I let her roam the house.... I've came home to her eating dry egg noodles that she got out of the pantry herself, ( I really think she was hungry because she hadn't been eating her food) , a Christmas present toy chewed up( if you know Jill then you understand- any type of children's toy or balls, left on the ground Jill will try to play fetch with) and an accident(no ones perfect) . It's been getting harder for her to adjust to living on our own in our own place. I pretty much have a routine at night and in the morning and she knows. She tries to follow me real close, get into the car, or give me hugs:(::::. It makes it hard to go to work somedays.( I can't imagine what it's like with a real baby!) 

I've heard of doggie day cares, where you drop your dog off for the day to play and get walked while you're working, etc. I live in the middle of corn fields, so there are no daycares close enough to consider. I don't no if I would pay for it or not?

Does anyone have any tips for leaving your dog at home ? Or advice on the doggie day care?

2 comments:

  1. You should pay your sister to stay at home and she could watch your dog and your nephew.

    http://wishesdocometru.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're in a quandry, Ashlee. If there are no doggie daycares near your home, perhaps there's one near your workplace? If there are no such establishments in your area, perhaps asking a neighbor could be a good idea. It's great that you're actually thinking this through. It means you love your dog very much! I hope you sort this out! Take care!

    Ashley Ziegler @ SF Hound Lounge

    ReplyDelete